Access to IT resources provides a strong foundation for successful learning and instruction, on- or off-campus.
Connect to Wi-Fi
On-campus, you connect to the secure Wi-Fi service "eduroam." When learning or working takes you off-campus, you can use your NinerNET credentials to connect to secure Wi-Fi at one of the 38 eduroam hotspots in the Carolinas or another of the thousands of participating eduroam locations worldwide.
Pro Tip: If you've already configured your device for eduroam and you get an eduroam Wi-Fi signal, your device will automatically connect. Otherwise, choose the eduroam network and log in using your NinerNET credentials. For more information, search "eduroam" at faq.uncc.edu.
Access Gmail, Google Workspace & Drive
Your Google work is stored in the cloud so that you can access it from anywhere. Log in to gmail.uncc.edu for University email. To create new work in Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and more, or to locate Google Drive and Shared drive files, log in at gdocs.uncc.edu.
Other Apps & Software
- Log in to Zoom (zoom.charlotte.edu) using your NinerNET credentials. It's also best to use the Zoom Client for Meetings on your computer.
- Find software offered by the University like antivirus protection and deeply discounted software through OnTheHub at software.charlotte.edu.
- For Canvas support 24/7, click here.
- These Teaching with Zoom resources provide helpful how-tos.
- Find comprehensive planning and tips in the CTL Instructional Continuity Resources.
- This CTL guide outlines Designing for Flexible Teaching.
- See the CTL workshop calendar for faculty courses.